State Challenge organiser Mark Donahoo will soon advise the Postal
Challenge dates on which each RWA club may schedule their carnival. This
allows for those clubs who want to schedule it during Schools Holidays
and also caters for those clubs who want to keep it outside school
holidays. As always, chat with mark Donahoo if you have difficulties in
fitting in with these dates. We try to be as flexible as possible to
help our clubs participate in the Challenge.
- The Racewalking Australia State Challenge event
is a RWA club-versus-club teams competition with points being awarded
within each race to the top finisher for each club.
may compete in more than one event on the day provided the events are
held at different times. A walker cannot walk in two different age
groups in a concurrent race.
- Age is 'age on the day' for all walkers including Masters. Note RWA Masters is 35+.
- Full results should be forwarded to Mark Donahoo, the event moderator. Mark's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
will allocate points as follows: (1 pt for first overall, 2 pts for
2nd, 3 pts for 3rd, 4 pts for 4th and then all others clubs will be
awarded 5 pts whether they have entered a competitor in that event or
- Once the scores for the individual races has been
determined, the overall score for clubs of 40 members or less will be
divided by 1.6, the overall score for clubs with 80 members or less will
be divided by 1.3 and the overall score of clubs with over 80 members
will be divided by 1. Club numbers are based on membership numbers as
submitted at the previous RWA AGM.
- As in previous years, the club with the smallest total wins the Challenge.
Download the club results spreadsheet below.